Saturday, November 1, 2008

MT. Charleston

This morning we drove out to Mt. Charleston...which is about an hour away. Jon discovered this place a couple weeks back bc he had to go out there for work. He kept telling me over and over how pretty is was and how you don't even feel as though you're in Vegas. Its green, beautiful and a "breath of fresh air" So, we packed up a backpack with some sweaters (something that we never use here in Vegas) and headed west towards the mountains. It was sooo nice to see green and adorable log cabin homes. He was right, you felt as though you were in the middle of nowhere, with nothing but beautiful trees and nature surrounding you. We went on a little hike and Keira was so thrilled to see sooo many rocks, trees, and birds. I was stressed out the entire time though...I admit that I am a worrier, but that was TOO much for me. I was afraid that she would slip and fall, or that an animal would smell our cheese crackers and would eat us, and then to top it off-there was a lot of rattling in the bushes. Of course I automatically thought that it was a predator stocking us...Jon was laughing none stop with my worries. He loves to make fun of me. Then when we reached our destination, Keira said "Shnake!" Jon looked over and said "ahh!!! It is a snake!" I screamed and maybe said a little curse word. He started laughing (again) and said "Just kidding!!!!" He is always on the look out to scare me...What a little terd. But overall, it was a beautiful, cold and refreshing day in the Mountains. Keira was tuckered out after her hike. She fell asleep reading her book. Poor baby!

No comments: