Tuesday, November 4, 2008

President Obama

It is finally over!!! Both McCain and Obama fought hard for this night. Both men delivered heart felt speeches filled with such emotion, strength and determination to show to the rest of the world that we are and will always be thee most powerful country. I'm not wanting to make this post about my views on various issues regarding both of the Candidates, I want to show that I am too able to see the good in any situation given to me. I was not a supportor of Senator Obama, but he is our President now and I hope we can come together as fellow Americans and move forward.



Can I just say -What an amazing opportunity to have, as Americans, to witness a true moment in History. President Obama is the first African-American President. Put aside your feelings about his political views; put aside your personal opinions of him as a person...I'm simply wanting to focus on the fact that he represents something that has never been in the White House. A strong, educated African American Man and that alone is awesome. I don't agree with him on certain issues (a lot of issues actually) and I would be lying if I said I was not scared of what his political views may bring into this country- BUT I will say again, I feel lucky to have been able to see a great moment in History. A moment where the color of your skin did not affect you, in the hopes and dreams of becoming the President of the United States of America. (for those who really know me, know that I'm all about embracing all different types of racial backgrounds and appreciating the wide range of diversity that we have in the U.S.A) So with that being said-It's going to be an interesting 4 years. I'm sure there are going to be a lot of highs and lows...Hopefully more highs.


And yes, I took pictures of the TV. I wanted to document this moment on my camera..thank you very much! haha

No comments: