Wednesday, October 15, 2008

sweet memories....


It seems like just yesterday that our Keira was born. She is now 2 and becoming smarter and smarter as the days roll by. It's amazing to see your baby grow and develop. I remember when she was smaller, I just couldn't wait for her to start crawling, walking, saying her first word, or to call out for me...And now that she has accomplished all of this and then some; I want my baby back. (Not that I don't enjoy and love her now) I realize that this is a fact of life but I miss those days of holding her for hours, having to hold the bottle in her little mouth and how she would stare at me with such love, trust, and innocence. Aahhh....So for you mother's out there that are soo excited for your little wee babes to grow up, cherish the time you have with them now. You'll miss it tremendously. It is fun to see them become more independent but it's hard as a parent to see that they are no longer babies and that they no longer need you for everything. We love our Keira. She has brought such happiness and pure joy to our lives and to this family. I'm proud of who she is as a little person. She has showed both Jon and I that she is a strong & determined person. I know she will be successful in anything she does.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

She is such a doll! I love her little outfit! I think your longing for her to be little again might just mean that its time for number 2... haha!! I know what you mean though, I can't believe how fast the time goes. Grace is all over the place now and talking up a storm... sometimes you just want to hit rewind!